Why Organic Cotton?Around 25% of the world’s insecticide use and 10% of the world’s pesticide use goes to cotton crops. Some of the chemicals used to keep cotton crops healthy are considered to be the most toxic chemicals in the world.
Tuuda chose to use only 100% fair trade certified organic cotton in our garments and the benefits are :
- Never use genetically modified seeds
- Conserves soil through crop rotation
- Controls weeds through physical removal
- Controls insects by maintaining a balance between ‘pests’ and their natural predators through healthy soils
- Grown without the use of any synthetic agricultural chemicals such as fertilizers or pesticides
Organic cotton is also considered to be softer and gentler on the skin, making it a clear choice over non-organic cotton.